Leadership has been and will always be a desirable trait. Companies with great leadership on all levels consistently outperform competitors. Companies that take the initiative to hire and develop these leaders see1:
– 114% Higher Sales
– 71% Higher Customer Satisfaction
– 42% Better Operational Efficiency
– 48% More Product/Work Quality
– 300% Additional Business Referrals
– 233% Extra Cross-Selling
– 36% Higher Productivity
– 90% Lower Absenteeism
– 49% Reduced Overtime Work/Pay
– 105% Less Grievances
– 11% Lower Downtime
– 90% Less Rework
– 60% Fewer Workplace Accidents
– 77% Lower Turnover
These statistics show that hiring great leaders is critical to the future of a business. However, identifying great leaders is not easy. Here is a list of questions to ask in your future interviews with candidates:
– Describe the hardest decision you had to make while at work? Do you regret it?
– Tell me a time in which you had to pitch an idea to your coworkers? Did they agree with you?
– Describe a situation in which a plan went awry? What did you do? What was the outcome?
– Describe a time that you led by example? Did you intend to lead by example and why?
Finally, during the interview process, look out for these ten traits which are at the heart of world-class leadership2 3.
- Open Minded
- Communication Skills
- Strives For Excellence
- Treats People With Respect
- High Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Goal Setting
World-class leadership produces world-class results, and amazing workplace leadership starts with hiring great leaders. This guide should help you accomplish that goal.