Sometimes you reach a point in your career where you need a little extra motivation. You might feel stuck in a rut, nervous about completing new job tasks, concerned about your job security, or just feeling a little lost.
To provide inspiration for when you need it most, here are 10 quotes from entrepreneurs, athletes, intellectuals, artists, and visionaries to motivate you – no matter where you are in your career.
1. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you have not found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”
– Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple.
2. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.”
– Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Co.
3. “Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for it.”
– Katharine Whitehorn, British Journalist.
4. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
– Michael Jordan, NBA great.
5. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
– Albert Einstein, Physicist, and Scientist.
6. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”
– Maya Angelou, American Author, Poet,
& Civil Rights Activist.
7. “If you’re hurt, lick your wounds and get up again. If you have given it your absolute best, It is time to move forward.”
– Richard Branson, Virgin Group
8. “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.”
– Arthur Ashe, Professional Tennis Player
9. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
– Thomas Edison, American Inventor.
10. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
– George Elliot, English Victorian Novelist.